• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Orange flash fry

Stubazz

Woke up 3 days ago to find my apistogramma cacatuoids orange flash had fry, about a week ago I noticed my female was turning yellow and kept hiding under a pile of slate in the corner I never thought that the would get this far as the hideaway she was using was tiny and the male didn't seem interested, anyhow I have lost them all, they are in a 20g tank with 10 neons and they seemed to quick for the poor mother, the one thing that did confuse me was that when there was only a handful left the male would come over to the little cave put one of the fry in his mouth and then spit it back out over the other end of the tank the mother would then go and retrieve it, is this normal behaviour?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….