• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ohoyhoy, new forum member

Chris2500dk

5 Year Member
I just stumbled across this forum and it looks quite nice so I might just stay around :)

I've been keeping fish for about a year and a half now. At the moment I have 4 running tanks.

Getting the apistogrammas was what led me to this site. I was looking to get a pair or maybe two, but since they're quite expensive and I got an option to be part of an import shipment of fish if I bought a whole bag I jumped at the chance. They're quite small still, most are about an inch, but they're full of character.
The 34 gal tank is filled with driftwood giving them plenty of hiding places and it's really enjoyable to watch. At any one time I'll see 5-10 of them swimming around either alone or in little groups, with the little males showing off to each other. I've seen a bit of chasing but nothing I'd consider real aggression yet, there's too many places to hide and too many other borellis to get distracted by.
I know they won't be able to stay in the tank when they get bigger, I knew that before buying a bag of 20, but this way I get to enjoy watching them interact and I can sell off the odd ones out and keep the ones that seem to get along fine. I might eventually move them into the 47 gal tank to make room for more adults and redistribute the other fish.

Anyway, a bit about me and my fish, cheers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….