• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Apistogramma keeper!

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
The new photos actually strengthen my belief that it is a cruzi-subcomplex species close to A. sp. Nanay: the shape of the dorsal fin, the wide abdominal stripes and the yellow pectoral fins all point towards this. As pointed out by Mike, the split in bar #6 is of course typical for eunotus-subcomplex species, but (as shown in the photo above) it can also be found in fiish that we tend to call “A. sp. Nanay”. If I had to name this fish I would probably call it A. cf. sp. Nanay.

Tristero

I aspire to create a tank exactly the same as yours Kaanie. I've kept kribensis successfully in a quite poorly planted community aquarium in my distant past. It worked at the time but it was pre-internet and my success was due to luck and ignorance.

I recognise that success is as dependent on the personalities of the cichlids as the scape, but I have a very heavily planted tank now and I'm contemplating adding a small number (2-3) of apisto borealli or perhaps Laetacara curviceps.

At this stage I am still watching, reading and learning - and mindful of the collective experience on this forum, and its general tone of pessimism about community tanks.

I'd love to hear an update on your recent progress.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….