• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blue Apitogrammas

Currently looking for a blue apisto that would fit well into my tank as im looking for something to contrast with my killifish. Preferably something peaceful, yet outgoing and maybe on the bigger side. Any apisto with obvious blue markings will do. Will be kept solo

Tank specs:
- Ada 75p, 75cm x 45cm x 45 cm
- 77-78f
- Heavily planted
- Heavy rock work
- Fine sand and ada amazonia

Tank mates:
Colony of lyretail killifish
Colony of least killifish
Colony of medaka ricefish
Eight sterbai corydora
Six kuhli loaches

Thank you!

MacZ

Sorry to say, Apistogramma are character fish and do not well with other bottomdwellers, especially in a tank with such small dimensions. Without the Corydoras and the Pangio one might talk about a single Apistogramma. Also maybe as a hint: Least killifish will likely land on the menu for an Apistogramma. Even the adults.
Can't recommend anything with a good conscience. Also not without having seen the tank in question.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….