• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first Dwarf Cichlid tank...

R

Reziztor

Hi, I have been keeping and/or breeding rainbowfish, loaches, otos, betta & gourami for many years now. I have always ignored the Cichlid world. I want to try it out.

I have a well planted 55 gallon with a canister filter and soft water. Right now it is housing 3 Clown, 3 Yo Yo loaches, 3 S.A.E and a female giant betta.

I want some kind of dwarf cichlid that will take care of its young and not cause too many challenges to breed in general.

Also, I have many large caves... I hope that the loaches and Cichlids can live together. What is your opinion?

If I have to move the Betta or other fish, thats not a problem... Though, I love to watch the S.A.E float around this tank.

fishgeek

the fish can live together
the loaches especially the clowns will be too boisterous fro the dwarf cichlids

all loaches will be happy to eat apisto egg's, so breeding is unliley to be succesful
even before that they will be squabbling for cave/spawning sites and again i wiuld put my money on the clowns to win

andrew

blueblue

5 Year Member
Andrew is right.

I think it is a better arrangement to keep paired up apistos by themsevles. To start with, a pair of agassizii will be very good: They are beautiful, easy to keep and breed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….