• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Apistogramma Bitaeniata mamuri wild and fry

Champ_17

5 Year Member
Today I just notice that the female lead her fry out from the cave.
I have been waiting for long time to breed this pair because the male look quite old so that I worry he will dry before breeding.
The male
IMG_7302 (Small).JPG
IMG_7311 (Small).JPG
IMG_6968 (Small).JPG

The mother and fry.
IMG_7382 (Small).JPG
IMG_7384 (Small).JPG

Champ_17

5 Year Member
And again I have question about variety. Is Bitaeniata Tefe,Manaquri,Mamuri the same species?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The mouth seems a bit 'odd'. Is this a wild fish?

And again I have question about variety. Is Bitaeniata Tefe,Manaquri,Mamuri the same species?

Yes, they are all A. bitaeniata Brazilian forms ... and no, they are not different enough to be considered a different species from A. bitaeniata Peruvian forms.

Champ_17

5 Year Member
Beside Bitaeniata mamuri wild I also collected difference type of Bitaeniata such as:
Bitaeniata Shishita wild
IMG_6335 (Small).JPG
Copy of IMG_3318 (Small).JPG
IMG_4126 (Small).JPG
IMG_6168 (Small).JPG
IMG_6335 (Small).JPG
Copy of IMG_3318 (Small).JPG
IMG_4126 (Small).JPG
IMG_6168 (Small).JPG

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….