• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Long white worn coming out anus - photo

javoski

5 Year Member
Hi, guys

I was too late to react and let a cockatoo female die. For a week I begun to wonder if she was "fat" .... and them I just found this scene.

verme_web.jpg

verme1_web.jpg

What´s the name of this worm?
Recommended action?

I used the azoo anti-endoparasite but it was so late, as she died in the night I used the medicine. I used it again 1 month later.

I already ordered a bitaeniata pair and would love to assure I have a clean home waiting for them. (only her and her elder son died. Tetras, mollys, corys and a siamese algae eater survived. the SAS was clearly infected)

best regards,
Victor

beleg

5 Year Member
Looks like internal protozoa infection. Its not worm but mucus from intestines I think Metronidazole will be suggested by experienced users here in food & in water. Also anti-protozoa food containing garlic extracts is recommended (Like New Life Spectrum's)

I treated my tanks with Metronidazole 20-25 mg/l with some success on protozoa cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark12345

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(