• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Laetacara fulvipinnis

Simon Morgan

5 Year Member
I have a trio of Laetacara fulvipinnis aka"orangeflossen" , I've had them for about 18 months. Recently the female (I think) is being a bit hard on the other two (Both males). I was hoping by now that a pair would form and I could remove the spare male. Any advice on how I can encourage a pair to form? Should I remove one of the males?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I had the same problem with some L. curviceps. It turned out that 1 male was very aggressive and prevented pair formation. Once he was removed a pair formed and spawned only a couple of weeks later. I would suggest that you remove one of the males, probably the more dominant one, and see what happens.

Sil

5 Year Member
I have a trio of Laetacara fulvipinnis aka"orangeflossen"
sixfoottank, could you tell me please where did you bay your fulvipinnis? Or perhaps you know where they can be purchase right now?
In the matter of your question I agree with Mike. I had the similar problem with my A. macmasteri - similar because it concerning not a pair formation, but spawning. I had not the best set up (2+3) and dominant male prevented any spawning althought he was not interested in females at all. As I removed him I had about 15 spawnings in a row:)

Stephan

5 Year Member
Rear one,

sorry, my English is not good.
I have 1 pair Laetacara fulvipinnis from the Rio Negro and 1 pair Laetacara fulvipinnis from the Rio Orinoco.
I pulled tight it from wild catches and had never problems. I had over 300 young fish. They always breed. If the water fits, they have also always babies. If it folds, the pair of the Rio Orinoco has soon babies. I will then again draw these up.
How can I attach pictures here?

Greet Stephan

Sil

5 Year Member
I bought my fulvipinnis at a BCA auction http://www.britishcichlid.com/ I think they were sold by either Peter Lovett; http://www.dwarfcichlid.co.uk/ or Mark Breeze; http://www.dwarf-cichlid.com/
Thanks for this information sixfoottank! I know (from my friend) that Mark haven't got Laetacara fulvipinnis for selling at the moment, but I try to come into Peter Lovett.
I have 1 pair Laetacara fulvipinnis from the Rio Negro and 1 pair Laetacara fulvipinnis from the Rio Orinoco.
Lucky you! Stephan, I send you a private message with some questions connected with Laetacara fulvipinnis.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….