• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jutai

MonteSS

Good question.

I moved my pair from the 20g 24" tank to a 46g 36" today. Maybe they will get along better in the bigger tank. They are with my lone male Oblongum

....Bill

Julio Melgar

5 Year Member
Let's make an effort to call this species A. cf. "Kelleri" since the Jutai locality is not true. The species is definitely a delayed mouthbrooder like A. barlowi. So far I have had two spawns, both not very productive with around 15 fry each time despite having a decent egg plaque.

Julio

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Apistogramma cf. Kelleri Photos

Two hours people, thats how long I had to sit in front of the tank. I hope these pictures show the female well enough. The male made only one appearance during the time I was photographing. The behavior is very interesting. The female will patrol her comfort zone continuously while holding her brood. Only when it was time to feed did she put the fry in a 'safe place' and leave them untended.
8F2U5324.jpg

8F2U5288.jpg

8F2U5322.jpg

8F2U5283.jpg

8F2U5291.jpg

8F2U5310.jpg

8F2U5316.jpg

MonteSS

Fish look great. Your male looks like mine. My female is still very white but definitely enjoying the larger 46g tank and out more. He doesnt chase her as much and she has more places to hide.

Must be interesting to watch that breeding behavior.

Curious where you got them from.

...Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….