• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

If you had an empty 10 gal tank, what would you put in it?

Eva32181

5 Year Member
Apistos? Rams? Westies? Maybe something non-cichlid? What kind of fish that would live happily (and breed!) in a 10 gal would you choose? You name it!

Neil

Nanochromis dimidiatus. I just put juv. pair in a newly set-up 10. They will be fine in there for awhile, but it remains to be seen whether I can keep them in there for the duration.
Although a little bigger tank would be better, a 10g. is probably big enough for most Dwarfs (pair) as long as you structure the tank well and consider aggression reduction devises (dithers, targets, etc.), but the individual personalities of the fish is always the wild-card.
Neil

Scooter

5 Year Member
Hmmm. Too many options here, but I would like to try Lamprologus signatus in there myself. They're gorgeous little cichlids, though I've never owned a pair. They're on my wish list though, :D

aspen

5 Year Member
eva, i think that i would try some apisto i hadn't tried yet. the list is too long to mention. i also would like to get a bunch of juvie borelli's. they seem to be the nicest apisto i've tried yet. but imo, i still like rams the best.

rick

Eva32181

5 Year Member
Too many options here I guess! Rams would be up there for me, too. I just got a bunch of marbled hatchetfish that are very nice. They are in my 10 for QT but they need a bigger tank to really be at home. They'll be in my 55 soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….