• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID this one please

apisto-nut

5 Year Member
A.galaxis/algodon2/papagei ?

fisssshplecoandapisto011.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The shape of the caudal peduncle patch. A. sp. Pebas has a wedge-shaped (◄) patch formed from the caudal spot and a part of Bar 7 that is smaller than the caudal spot. A. sp. Papagei has a double patch (∞) formed from the caudal spot and a part of Bar 7 that is about equal in size to the caudal spot.

apisto-nut

5 Year Member
This must be female , before I disturbed her she had no lateral line just a lateral spot and bright yellow .

Finally a breeding pair .

galaxis004.jpg

Here is the male , better pic .

I did see the marking Mike (∞) , thanks for the help .

galaxis006.jpg

galaxis007.jpg

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi,

I would call them A. sp. Pebas, because of the spots in the caudal fin.
"True" Papagei don't have spots.
The "∞" caudal spot can easily be "misinterpretated", because some Pebas forms have a quite similar spot.
You should also have a look on the breeding colour of the female. Papagei femals have two spots on their flanks, Pebas have a row of 5-6 spots.

Here are pictures of A. sp. Papagei for comparison.

Male:
papagei_m1.jpg

Female:
papagei_w1.jpg

regards,
Rolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….