• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID of this cichlid...pic is from this site

stina

5 Year Member
lowbackbody.jpg

???

Once has one guy posted similiar pic on other forum and he said it was apistogramma nijssenii... from that day i have tryed to find a.nijssenii and now when i have finnaly succeded, i have found that this is not that apisto...
My nijsseni is still beutifull to me and i didn't regret for buying that fish, but i will also continue searching for this beuty...
please help, TIA
regards :wink:

ARWoodi

5 Year Member
Its a a diplotaenia alright.

Here's mine.
apisto1.jpg

diplo.jpg

A good quality diplo will have a distinct double lateral line.

stina

5 Year Member
-deleted- what a cichlid!!
A "must have" fish in my tank... im in loveeeeeeeee :lol:
thanx ppl! :wink:
regards

aspen

5 Year Member
the common and cheap apistos are the ones you started with. your next ones are likely gonna be the ones you can't find and barely afford. 8)

rick

stina

5 Year Member
Ha ha ha... this is the same story with L-numbers!!! :lol:
First i have started with common ancistrus sp., and now i am grabbing every hypancistrus/peckoltia/panaque i can see...
I think this is going to happen with apistos too... :D
Good guess Rick! :wink:
Regards

Neil

stina,

Well, you have picked about the (typically) most expensive apisto to acquire. They are definitely around from time to time. But they are always painful on the pocketbook. Nice little apisto though!

Neil

stina

5 Year Member
Now i know that this apisto will never come in CRO LFS's... BUT i know one LFS boss, and with him i am like this(crossing my two little fingers :lol: ), so next time when he will look at the fish list, i will be with him... and maybe i will find something interesting...
Anybody knows any fascinating apisto that would like to recommend???
I am interested in breeding, i know that exotic fish is hard to breed, but you know how it goes...anything is possible!!
Also i must say, ,a. cacatuoides are starting to breed... first the easiest, and later we will see... :wink:
regards

ARWoodi

5 Year Member
Stina,

There are too many fascinating apistos to recommend you and it depends on which apisto family/group you like or are in favour. For me I am always attracted and fascinated by the pertensis group.

With apistos you can never get enough of them. In my country we have this joke that we always warn newbies about the darkside of apisto.. "once in, it's very hard to get out", it's like an addiction.

Good luck on your apisto hunting....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….