• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID Apisto Meinkeni?????

Aqua27

5 Year Member
Hello
Can somebody help me in intentifying this fish?

I got it from Glaser as apisto meinkeni but I have some doubts.

img_1111.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Aqua27

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I cannot be certain, but it does look like A. meinkeni. A. meinkeni females in brood & threat dress show 2 distinct lateral spots - on Bars 2 & 3. If your fish show this and are small (<5 cm), then they are A. meinkeni

Aqua27

5 Year Member
Many thanks for your answer Mike.

hereunder is a photo of the femelle in a brood dress. The quality is not very good. I will try to take a new photo later.

img_1112.jpg

Aqua27

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your female show a brood dress seen on regani-group species, not pertensis-group species. Since A. meinkeni is not a regani-group species, your fish cannot be A. meinkeni. I believe that your fish mightbe A. sp. "Xingu" Red-lobes. Look for photos of this species. Check if they are similar to your fish. This site shows a male in dominant dress: http://rva.jp/apisto/sp_xingu_regani.html

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi,

A. sp. Xingú was my first thougt, too.

After comparing your fish with this picture from Volker Bohnet, I'm pretty sure.

apistogramma_sp_xingu_1.jpg

regards,
Rolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….