• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ich!

ACRyun

5 Year Member
I am so bummed right now. I noticed yesterday that one of my angelfish has a white spot on her fin and I am scared to treat my tank because I have some sensitive fish in there. I have a beautiful pair of german blue rams and a school of rummy nose tetras that I am very afraid will not be able to handle the meds. I really really do not want to lose my rams... Does anyone have some suggestions or advice as to a treatment that those fish can handle? I have already slowly raised the tanks temp from 80 to 83 degrees and added a little salt. The rams aren't showing any stress from any of that so far.

Evan

5 Year Member
Raise your temperatures higher. I would go to 86 with the fish you listed. They should be able to handle high heat. Just make sure the water is well oxygenated.

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree with raising the temp to 86, you should also step up water changes to every day or every other day. What you are trying to do this way is speed up the cysts life cycle and remove it from the tank.

Do you have a picture of the effected fish? Are you sure its Ich?

Chris

viejo

5 Year Member
One spot does not an ich infestation make :wink: . I'm guessing that it is something else. Perhaps just a 'ding' or scrape.

ACRyun

5 Year Member
I can't really get a picture of it because it's on her pectoral fin, and that never stops moving, haha. But I am pretty positive it is ich, I don't really know how ich got into my tank.... I have always kept my new fish quarantined. It's about the size of a large grain of salt, and has been there a few days now. I've got the temp up to 86 now and vacuumed it really well today and replaced the salt I took out.

And I am not sure if this is related, but my other Angel which was perfectly healthy and normal yesterday morning, had "Pop Eye" yesterday evening and was dead this morning... I am baffled at how fast that happened. He was up in the front, eating well, his normal self, then that evening his eyes were bulging, his tail clamped, and he wouldn't eat. I wonder if this was a side effect from the ich in the tank... My tank's water parameters are perfect, I do small water changes throughout the week and vacuum once a week. My Blue Rams which are said to be really sensitive to water params are doing wonderful, full of color and life, always swimming about in the front waiting for food.

This whole situation is really upsetting, and I cannot quit stressing about losing any more fish. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….