• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many Dwarfs in a 10 gallon?

R

rocketfu

:?:
Hi all,
i just wanted to know how many dwarfs can you put in a 10 gallon? Neil said to it was a good idea to have a trio of Cacutuoides Triple Red (1 male 2 female). I was wanting to have a algae eater, maybe a pleco. Can I have anymore dwarfs in this setup or anymore fish for that matter? What would be a good combination of another dwarf if possible? maybe a (blue german ram pair or an Agassizi Red/Gold pair). :?

Thank you all so much you have been very helpful,

rocketfu

farm41

5 Year Member
If you really need an algea eater, try the otocinclus, they stay very small, 1.5". Is your tank planted?

R

rocketfu

I have a tank at home and I am trying to put one together for my apartment. As far as it being planted. It can be if it needs to be. It is up to you guys I am new to the dwarf scene.

thanks for all you help,

rocketfu

Neil

If you want more Cichlids in the tank, try the rams. They are a different enough fish with a different breeding stategy and will probably co-exist with the cacatuoides the best. You could try aggies, but that tank might be a little small for 2 pairs of cavity brooding Cichlids to be really comfortable. I have had mixed results with pairs of 2 different species in a 10g. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Make sure that the structure is good in the tank (either plants or wood or caves or rocks, etc.) this will provide natural perimeters for territories and places to escape from aggression, if necessary.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….