• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey Mike

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Tom dropped off his fish for me to hold on to till he gets moved. What are the Urtegai in your opinion. He's not sure either...

Tell you what he got the Rubro thing going on

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I haven't seen TW's urteagai fish, but based on his description and collecting location, it probably is the high fin species that Cardwell & Kutty collected last year. Got any photos of them? I got a trio of rubuolineata from him, but the male didn't make it. That's why I got some juveniles from you. I'll be moving one of your young males in with his older females after I get back from my talk in KC.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Mike--I will get some pics for you and if you need them he left more Rubros here too. Also Eunotus, and barlowi. 2 weeks and I am off to Germany

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
P1000313.jpgOK I'll let them settle in for a day or two then click away--it's a very pale fish

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
HAHHAH Nutting gets by you does it-------------------

Steve--these probably will turnout to be science fish for guys like Mike to study--could be new Sp CF but I think that it is the real deal-urtegei.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Mike-I am with you on this one but Uwe says it is more like a southern CF linkei except that the collecting location dont jive--so :wink:they get a vacation in Europe--he brought 800 fish back :eek:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It could be a linkei-like form, but I can't be positive because I can't see a double caudal blotch at the base of the tail in any of the photos. The commbrae/linkei- and resticulosa/urteagai-complexes are fairly closely related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….