• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help!!! veijita form II or Macmasteri

sheag35

ok need id help here, I got these specially imported as Veijita form II from Germany but recently i have been told they could be Macmasteri as the 2 species are often confused
can anyone help???

sorry about the quality but they just wouldnt stop moving

DSCF1183.jpg

DSCF1185.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1194.jpg

DSCF1196.jpg

DSCF1198.jpg

DSCF1199.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Poor photos but adequate for ID. These are A. macmasteri Rotrücken/Red-shouldered Macs. This is the strain most commonly sold as "A. viejita Color Form II". The original "A. viejita Color Form II", introduced in the 1st edition of Linke & Stack's book (only in German), is actually a lacustrine color morph of A. sp. Schwarzkehl/Black-throat, a.k.a. A. sp. Rotflecken/Red-flecked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….