• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

German Blue Rams crossed with Gold Rams

IndianaSam

5 Year Member
Does anyone know what a cross between a German Blue Ram and a Gold Ram looks like?

I had a pair spawn recently and I can't find any pictures that will tell me what the offspring will look like.

Is the "blue" coloring purely dominant over the "gold" coloring or will it be a blending of traits?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sam

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I will stick by my previous answer. The blue is definitely dominant over the xanthistic (yellow) morph, so you will most likely get mostly blues with some blue/yellows & a very few yellows. Breeding offspring to each other will probably produce a few more yellows in the next spawn.

IndianaSam

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
I will stick by my previous answer. The blue is definitely dominant over the xanthistic (yellow) morph, so you will most likely get mostly blues with some blue/yellows & a very few yellows. Breeding offspring to each other will probably produce a few more yellows in the next spawn.

Yeah, I was definately thinking that you were right vs. the "brown" answer.

Anyway, I'm going to raise this spawn and see what comes of it. I'll pick out the fry that I think are the best looking and breed them to see if I can get anything interesting.

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Likely goes along the same lines as gold angels. Gold is recessive and you MUST have each parent carry one gold gene to produce any gold babies.

Two golds produce all golds....both carry 2 gold genes. I had a silver pair produce 3/4 silver and 1/4 gold. (angels that is) Each of my silvers carried one gold gene, but silver is dominant so they look like silver angels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….