• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Foreground, which will work for Apisto?

Raul-7

5 Year Member
I wanted to ask if I could use Glosso in my tank, or do Apisto's need to feel secure by having "grass-like" plants? Should I use a mix of Lilaeopsis brasiliensisis and Micro Echinodorus tenellus instead of Glosso?

2la

5 Year Member
Doesn't matter. Overhead cover and hideaways are more important than planted ground cover. I don't think low-growing foliage is very common in most apisto habitats, excluding leaf litter.

aspen

5 Year Member
you will almost certainly need co2 and high light for glosso. i found that the stuff i bought would not root, even in fine sand. i floated it on the top of the tank for a week or 10 days and the roots grew out sufficiently to root it properly. i used tweezers one plant at a time to root it in the sand. it is a beautiful plant if you can maintain it properly. if you don't have enough light etc, it will go brown below the top leaves and die out.

have fun, rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bijouxcailloux

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….