• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Time Parents

ACRyun

5 Year Member
I need any advice anyone can offer. I knew my gbr's were up to something when they suddenly took a liking to a rock in the back corner of the tank that is heavily hidden by plants. This morning the entire rock was covered in eggs. I have read a lot about the care of gbr fry but I would like some advice from people I know have taken care of small fry, gbr or otherwise. The tank these particular fish are in is a 16 gallon bowfront. Its heavily planted and they currently share the tank with a platy, 5 rummy nose tetras, 2 corys, 1 small SAE, and 2 African dwarf frogs. I know I want to remove the platy and SAE but do the others need to go too? I also read the male can become aggressive to the female after the fry become free swimming. Should I plan on removing the female? Lastly, I read that the fry should be fed microworms and bbs.... Anything else anyone can recommend?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….