• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First pair of Apisto' cactuoides

b3aR

So after about a weeks worth of research and differing opinions from many people I decided to go ahead an buy a pair of Cacatuoides.

Having sat an watched for only 15 minutes I can see why these fish are so popular. Their behaviour is so deliberate and it makes for a good watch. I will however be keeping a close eye on how they interact with the rest of my fish but I see no major problems as the tank has a dense side of planting and a lot of open space with many hiding places.

Any advice you tink I need wil be happily taken but I feel It will be a 'learn on the job' sort of experience.

Updates if people want them

Siggi

As in every situation when dealing with intelligent beings - dogs, horses, whales/dolphins, cichlids and humans, sometimes - the learning is a delicate progressive two-way process. You will likely have many 15mins of watching and many pleasant surprises on the way .
And - yes we do want updates and pics - lots of pictures!
Good luck!

Dano1311

Live food and small regular (daily) water changes are what my cacs liked to condition to breed, when i was breeding them I had three tanks of them with different colour morphs and it was lovely to sit and watch them Shepard the fry around the tank.

How are you getting on with them?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alejandro Thiermann

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(