• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

few questions...

stina

5 Year Member
HI ppl!
recantly i have bought five a.cacatuoides "normal" from Italy, hoping to see some quality looking wild speciments, and not that Czech breed stressed low-color double reds...
As in life goes... i got screwed...
Fish that came to my house where greyish, with few orange spots... no green coloration, no blue coloration... how dissapointing...
Well, the apistos where introduced to my 45G show tank, and in a few days i have started to root some new plants and i found out apisto eggs with female guarding it on one piece of slate...
I removed that piece and put it in 10G tank with soft water...

My questions goes...
How long until fry hatch and can i bring them to adulthood on my own, without female??
I have microworms, and powderfood for fry...

Second, are they going to get some coloration, or it is hopeless since they allready breed??!

Can youngsters be blue/green like wild speciments?!?
regards

fishboy20

5 Year Member
There are different color variants of these guys. Sounds like you have some young cacatuoides that have yet to show much color. As they grow, thier colors should come out more. Below is a link to a page that contains pictures of various Apistogramma species. It is in Japanese but you get the idea with the just the pictures. Hope this gives you an idea what you can look forward to.

http://www.aqua-base.com/apistogramma/gallery.html

~Jeremy Basch

stina

5 Year Member
I am sorry, pic is blurry, so you probably didn't see that my male has red spots...
But nevermind, thanx for your anwser!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….