• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarf Pikes?

ReiChugo

5 Year Member
I am a novice fishkeeper trying to accumalate info on Dwarf Pikes. Any and all info would be appreciated. Species names, breeding info, water quality info, harem construction, anything at all would be more than i know now.

Feel free to point me to other threads or sites.

thanks for your time

rei

pikette

5 Year Member
Hi Rei,
There are a few resources for information on Dwarf Pikes. I have only experience with Cr. regani, Cr. compressiceps, Cr. nothophthalmus, Cr. sp. Pacaya and the wallaci. I have bred them all except the nothos and am in the process of trying to get the them breed.

For more information, here is a place to start:

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/index.html
If that doesn't work do a search in Google for Mostly Cichlids

The third or 4th volume of the Cichlid yearbooks has information on Cr. regani.

Uwe Romer's Cichlid Atlas 1 has information on regani, wallaci, nothophthalmus and compressiceps.

BTW, there is no such thing as 'harem construction' with these fish. It would be more like harem destruction!

Good luck!

Neil

ReiChugo,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Although most Dwarf Pikes are best keep in soft, acidic water, the biggest issue would be the aggression factor (as pikette has suggested). They prefer movement in the water, which emphasizes good a high level of O2. The tank should be heavily structured, but allow for some swimming room. And numerous caves should be available for possible spawning. 1 male and 1 female for all species that i know of. Good luck,
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….