• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Czeck fish

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
This morning I got this E-mail from this gentleman in Italy. My friends in Germany say that this is true. I am going to Germany this fall and was thinking of getting some of these fish. Has anyone over here experienced the same thing???:
My name is xxxxxx, I write from Italy, I represent group of aquarium GARB(www.garb.it) and I write for arranging, if possible, the dispatch of some apistogrammas that we want to buy on aquabid. In Italy it is possible to find Czek apisto, they are raised without parental cares and usually with abundant use of hormones. To succeed to raising them it is difficult and above everything also after a lot of depositions extreme only they rarely show parental cares. Once have succeeded only to getting more times frying, but was of wild A.borelli!!! If yours fish is raised with parental care my group is extremely interested to get some samples of some kinds that you have. How many samples do you succeed in sending in pouches for every playpen? How much it costs to us consignment and pack? The zone of arrival airplane is Venice or Trieste
I would really appreciate some opinions on this!

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
I've heard the same thing on a few occasions, that czeck fish are raised on hormones, and very bad parents.

Some people I know have had some of these fish, and they were unable to raise fry sucessfully!

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
wow badguy--I picture you perched on a tree branch out in the hills waiting for an article to appear!!!!!
Hmmm this is not good news. I have heard this a lot too. It is something I suspected, when you look at pics of these fish they are awful red! A breeder I know in Germany has fish that are this red but I know he uses Daphnia liberally (as in available all day long) and the carotene in the bugs does the same thing and is a lot more natural!!!!!

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
hahaha!! :)

I'm actually trying to cut back on the computer a bit, but it'a a day off today, and it's dinner time for me, and everyone has left the house for errands! So I'm on the net a bit, browsing around :)

I don't usually sit perched out on a branch waiting for new messages :)

For the red color, brine shrimp must help alot also. Other foods must be available over there, like Golden Pearls or Cyclop-Eaze, both of which are red.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hmmm Idont think bs are so good but judging by the pics hormones are excellent! You know I've never seen Cyclop eze over there

fredmir1

5 Year Member
Hi

I never had problems breeding and raise Czech Apisto
The female always took care of the fry`s

In fact,my cacatuoides,viejita2 and agassziz double red , bred for me after 2 -3 weeks of gettng them this year

George

doczahi

5 Year Member
I have a pair of Cacatuides Czech made. They lay eggs after 4 :!: days. Unfortunatelly, they did it in the comunity aquarium...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….