• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sex ratio

FabianUlSua

So I got a batch of 80 cacatuoides triple red, they are now 3 months (ish) old and I'm starting to worry about all of them being females?
I raised them on 27c and 7.3 ph water, I raised the temp in order to get more males but holy cow... they all look like females so far and my breeder male jumped out so I was hoping i got another male in this batch to pair with a female I got from a different blood line :(
What are the odds of getting all females?
here is a photo of what one of them look like rn, (I think it's a female).

Attachments

• 20230725_182519.jpg
    20230725_182519.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85

FabianUlSua

Want to add that all of my 40 trifasciata juvies are looking like females aswell... they are kept in 26c 6.8ph and I somehow managed to get all females too lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….