• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cruzi......or something else?

miquel

5 Year Member
hello, monday i came by this fish in my lfs, they sold it as cruzi but i have some doubts about that. so can anyone please tell me wat it is. these pic are taken about a hour or two after releasing them in a tank, while i prepare a tank just for them.

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03383.jpg

DSC03381.jpg

DSC03379-1.jpg

my second question is if the fish on the right in the third and fourth picture is a female, i couldn't say for 100% in the lfs because al the caudal, dorsal and anal fins where dammaged by biting

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
There probably are more than 1 species in the group:
The large fish in photo #1, #2, #3 (left), #4 (center) & #5 (center) might be A. sp. Putumayo or even A. sp. Pebas. Most of the dark markings, which are the diagnostic features, are not visible. The fish in the middle of photo #3 & right in #4 might be A. sp. Angle-patch/Winkelfleck. None are the true A. cruzi. I think you need to wait for the fish to get comfortable in their new home & then send more photos.

miquel

5 Year Member
The fish in the middle of photo #3 & right in #4 might be A. sp. Angle-patch/Winkelfleck. None are the true A. cruzi. I think you need to wait for the fish to get comfortable in their new home & then send more photos.

so this fish can't be the female that belongs to this male,tommorow i'll tease them a little with a mirror for beter pics

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minu1798

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(