• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Conductivity

mordor

5 Year Member
I have bought conductivity meter recently. I measured conductivity of RO water I am buying from vending machine in grocery store and I am a little bit shocked. It has pH 6.7, conductivity 180 uS and TDS 90 ppm. I got same results with tap water from my Brita filter in my kitchen :x
I have not purchased RO unit because I have a small tanks and I need about 12 gallons per week for water change. I just wonder what are RO unit maintance costs per year. I may purchase SpectraPure 15gpd unit for aprox $100 so if I compare it to 12x52x0.25 = $156 spent on buying water last year it seems that I should think about it especially when I know that vending machines are not producing quality RO water.

Z Man

5 Year Member
If your only going to use it for 12 gallon each week, those membranes will last a long time. I do anywhere from 25 to to 50 gallon each week and they lasted me a good 3 to 4 years before I needed new ones. That one in the store needs new membranes for sure. From the day you begin using it you will see the TDS start at 0 and every few month's you will notice it start to rise. I never change mine until the TDS hits around 20 or so as all I do is add less and less tap water to make the adjustment. My unit has one membrane & 2 filter cartriges. The new one's only have one filter and one membrane. I can't remember correctly but SpectaPure can tell you on the phone how much they would cost. I think I paid $9 ea for the filters and around $38 for the cartridge but you should ask before buying the unit. I have had my RO unit for about 8 years and changed them twice now. The last time was only a few months back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….