• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Collecting in Angamos, Río Yavari / Río Galvez 2010

Tom C

5 Year Member
For those of you that find it interesting: I've published a report from one of our expeditions in 2010:
Collecting in Angamos, Río Yavari / Río Galvez 2010

resizeimage.aspx

jakeowen

5 Year Member
Hi Tom,
Thanks for posting this. I really like reading about these collecting trips. I hope someday to go myself.

are these two the same fish?

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Please let me know when you plan another trip. After Gabon (next week!) I would like to go to South America.

dconnors

Too cool! Looks like you had a good time. And tjudy is going to Gabon!? That sounds like an adventure as well. Hopefully there will be many pics of that as well?

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Great write up! Enjoy the pics and words about the people just as much as the fish! Thank you very much for sharing it with us!

Tom C

5 Year Member
First:Thanks for the nice feedback, everyone! I'm glad you liked it.

.....are these two the same fish?
No, I don't think they are. The yellow chested ones show a yellow chest here too, and the overall bluish ones stay bluish:

resizeimage.aspx

One of the females in threatening position:

resizeimage.aspx

She's got something to defend:

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

.....How was that chicken soup?
The soup was nice. There was something in it, a part of a chicken.....or something else. We gave the meaty "thing" to the fisherman :biggrin:

If you new how many months i have been waiting. And its finally here.....
As alsways, my uber slow connection wont show the bottom half of the pics, will try to get firefox:eek:
You don't need to wait for my reports, Hudson, you lucky guy have these habitats and fish right in front of your doorstep!
I use Firefox, I would definitely try that, Hudson! Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….