• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cacatuoides with honduran red points

ncognto

I have a 55g planted that I am growing out eight 1 inch hrp's in order to get a pair then will rehome the other six.tank mates at this point are 8 black neon tetras and 2 clown plecos.I plan on adding a couple of small mesonauta for upper level but wanted another pair of something colorful down lower.LFS has a nice pair of orange flash cacas but I am not sure if they can handle the hrp's once the hrp's start breeding.any opinions or experience on this scenario?I am hoping these are true hrp's not mixed with convicts...there is a fair bit of chasing going on and there have been a few swipes at the black neons as well.

viejo

5 Year Member
My gut feeling is that it probably would work especially if they are are pure HRP but I'm not sure that I would take the gamble.

ncognto

Went with a pair of Dorsigera instead but thanks for the replies.They are currently much larger than the baby HRP's so hopefully will be good.

ncognto

I can relocate the dorsigera if need be...have a 75 community tank they can go into if things get rough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loscide

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….