• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

buying apistos

fishgeek

that looks like it would be pretty nice david , especially if the fish are anywhere as near as good as the photographs

have long used their images to drool and dream over

andrew

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The Japanese have some of the highest priced fish in the world, but they get some of the best quality and more rarely available species, too. Their sources in Brazil are especially good. Check it out David!

ampdaman

5 Year Member
im excited lol i just got my first pair of apistos but this could end up being an early xmas presant for me lol.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm checking Mike, I'm checking! My source inside Rayon Vert, lives here in the states. He came up to my place for three days here a while back and we hammered out a deal. The prices will be lower than those in Japan, one reason we can get away with this is they dont have to ship as far. He is now back in Japan, working with the exporters in Brazil. One thing I am really interested in, I imagine MIke too, is that there appears to be some undes species that we havent seen, on the site.

drudnick

5 Year Member
I would be interested. How would it work. Would you make orders based on what people want, or get them here and then make available what is ordered by you?

Dave

L

Linn's Apisto's

Wow! That's all I can say. Interested as well Dave, but it depends on price! Thanks Dave.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I would get the fish and then sell them--I know that us folks here wont pay as much as say the Germans or the Japanese-Part of the reason we dont have these fish to begin with, That and the fact that no Americans are down there collecting commercially. The only reason I have gone in to this is that I know this, and I have made it clear that prices here cant be the same as in Europe or Japan, and they wont be, BUT! they arent going to be cheap either, example, eliazbethae have gone for 60.00 a pair on Aquabid, and I think thats about where they will come in here too.

yorky

5 Year Member
Hi Apistodave, any chance to ship to Singapore?
Couple of Singapore friends are very keen on fishes from RVA too!

tleehm

5 Year Member
Yeah - extra long flight plus cost of quarantine.

There are cheaper elizabethaes seem around Sydney, but quality is not as good.

Thomas.

spoxy

5 Year Member
Good for you Dave

knock knock dave what is in it for me since it seems like i'm the ghost that no one knows about King Solomon :biggrin: you know what fish I want and you know I got the balls for it so don't worry i'm getting them from you
Regards
Sammy the forgotten Fish Man

Greg PL

5 Year Member
how about an apistogramma.com collecting trip? :)
I'm thinking about it for a few years already and even mentioned it hear some time ago. finding cheap flights to Belem or Iquitos is not that difficult. only we would need some support there to get to collecting sites and (most important) get the fish back home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scapesce

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….