• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back to tap

farm41

5 Year Member
My A. panduro's gave me a little grief, but they finally have some fry. It took 40% peat treated water and 60% RO to get them in the mood. Now they have 2 week old fry.

How long should I wait before I wean them off the peat and RO water?

Neil

Matt,
Congratulations! :D That can be a tough fish to get to go. They are, however, IME very durable and can handle slow acclimation off the breeding water soon after the free-swimming phase. I would give them a couple of weeks and then slowly back off the RO. You can probably reduce the peat-filtering right away. However, they will probably grow a little better and be happier if you keep a percentage of RO.
Neil

aspen

5 Year Member
matt, watch for flicking at this stage. if these fish have flukes, this is the time that they will show, while acclimating them to your tap. and this is also the best time for mortalities from them.

rick

farm41

5 Year Member
The panduro's are off the peat filtered water and I now have them on 1/3 tap and 2/3 RO. So far I haven't seen any flicking, maybe I got lucky.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….