• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma ???

Gillie

5 Year Member
Found this guy at the store the other day in a tank of red terror juvies, any ideas

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 394

Gillie

5 Year Member
It sure is :) a male from the eunotus-group. Good rescue ;)

Haakon

When I got to the store they were just about to move him to his own tank, I guess he was killing the red devils and hoarding the food. Are the normally this bullish ? He displays and attacks the glass when I check on him.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
No, they are usually fairly peaceful. How much smaller are the Red Devil juvies?? He probably is attacking the glass because he sees his reflection in it when you stand in front of the tank.

Gillie

5 Year Member
The red devils were about a half inch longer, he only attacks the glass when I get close the rest if the time he just swims around.

Gillie

5 Year Member
The Red Devils are ½" longer than the apisto?? That must be the most aggressive apisto in existence.

He does seem to be the devil incarnate, we had a goldfish survive and seemingly pick up aggressive/carnivorous habits from the green and red terrors so maybe this guy picked up a few bad habits too. Either way he is getting his own tank just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….