• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma with Bolivian Rams?

md0905

Considering getting a pair of Apistogramma, but was just wondering if they were compatible with my Bolivian Rams. I have kept Aggasizzi, Cacatoides, Nijsenni and rams many times in the past but never together.

Is this possible? And would any species be better than others. I'm very keen on Apisto Macmasteri Red Mask.

If not, what about Nannacara?

Regards

Matt

md0905

20g Tank at the moment, all cycled, and filter has been running on other tank for 3 months. pH at 6.8, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite all 0. Only going to have Pygmy corries 1 chocolate zebra and some dither fish of which I'm yet to decide on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927.6 KB · Views: 487

ErtyJr

20g Tank at the moment, all cycled, and filter has been running on other tank for 3 months. pH at 6.8, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite all 0. Only going to have Pygmy corries 1 chocolate zebra and some dither fish of which I'm yet to decide on.

I would not put rams and apistos both in a 20g. I generally use 20 longs for my breeding tanks, and at times with certain pairs it can seem to small for only them. In my opinion 1 pair of dwarves in a 20g tank and no more. Especially since the footprint is a bit smaller on a 20g as opposed to a 20 long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….