• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp pebas morado

shoshone

Since three day, i have a nice little cloud of babys ( i dont know how talk "alevin" in english) of one about forty/fifty individuals.
:)
I give to them alive food. They like that !!!

The male is killed by the female, i hope this fry will go in his term.

02910.jpg

03710.jpg

08010.jpg

00511.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am sorry to read that you lost your male. Females can be very aggressive. BTW in English we use the word "fry" for alevin. English is one strange language!:wink:

shoshone

I am sorry to read that you lost your male

Thanks. I am also sorry.
Ten month that i waited him. One time in my tank, one week for a laying and an other week for his dead:frown:. Female very aggressive, i have not watched enought after the laying.

English is one strange language!

Yes, sometime it's a strange language:tongue:
But i ll work more and more and ...

tuna

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear you lost the male. My female was also very aggressive but in a thirty gal. tank he had plenty of room to hide and he is 3 times her size. As long as he stays away from the bottom of the tank she lets him live.

Tom

shoshone

Thanks tom,

The male was same size that her . I thinking that there was enough of hiding places for him. The tank is filled(?) with it. I haved wrong .

shoshone

Little news,

The fry grow well.
No significant loose since the start.

00311.jpg

00512.jpg

00312.jpg

and a little video

[video=youtube;NWeSdf9MD8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeSdf9MD8g[/video]

Sorry for the bad quality

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmrit

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….