• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. Erdfresser

Gertbl

5 Year Member
Hi erverbody,

Recently I bought a pair of Apistogramma that was labled as pertensis. After putting a picture of the male on Facebook, Frank Ha noticed it isn't a Apistogramma pertensis but a Apistogramma sp. Erdfresser.

My question is, keep this species as a pair or better in a harem?

Apistogramma sp. Erdfresser by Gert Blank, on Flickr

tank were I keep a pair of them ( 94x50x40cm):

Untitled by Gert Blank, on Flickr

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I've never had the opportunity to keep Erdfresser except as a single male. It was relatively peaceful, and being a pertensis-group species, it isn't highly polygamous. It should do well as a pair, but I'd keep several females with the male. Pertensis-group females can be choosy about who they breed with.

Gertbl

5 Year Member
Hi Mike,

Thank for the info. I trying to get more females for this male. At this moment the female isn't reallt interested in the male. So I hope to get some more females. They where sold as pertensis at the shop. So I hope to get the same species.

Gertbl

5 Year Member
Made some better pictures of the sp. Erdfresser. Also managed to get some more specimens. They came from the same import, but are still small. It also looks like their could be a young pertensis in the group. But it's hard to say at this size.

And two pictures that i made with my iPhone:

Untitled by Gert Blank, on Flickr

by Gert Blank, on Flickr

Gertbl

5 Year Member
I bought them from two different places, first two at Pet's place and the rest at Fremabo. Both are from the same import at Ruinemans.

Gertbl

5 Year Member

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….