• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma commbrae

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
had a store tell me that these were on the list, so i ordered some. We'll see what they come in as. i get a little skeptical when buying from stores. the last time I ordered a pair of ortmani that grew out into some very nice male steindacneri! I'll post some pics in the ID section when I get them.

Rich

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. steindachneri was sold as 'A. ortmani' for most of its existence in the hobby. This is probably because A. ortmanni was originally considered a subspecies of A. steindacheri. Some names just never go away.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Man, did I goof! It wasn't A. ortmanni that was a subspecies of A. steindachneri. It was A. rupununi, a close relative of A. steindachneri, that was a subspecies of A. ortmanni. Mia Culpa

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
No problem mIke. It actually wasn't the mis-ID that annoyed me, but that the fish were sold as a pair and were two males. They were pretty frightened and so it was hard to tell till I had them for a few days. Anyway, the wholesaler was out of them. So i'll try again next time. I did get some very nice longfinned half black angelfish though!

Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….