• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma cf Regani?? Wild Columbian Apistogramma.

RustedKnight

Hi all, i'm doing this to help out a member on another forum, asking for ID on this Apisto;

pisto4.png

pisto3.png

pisto2.png

pisto1.png

It was apparently collected in Columbia, I'm fairly confident that this fish is from the Regani complex, but I don't think it is Regani itself, hence why I believe this fish is cf Regani.

Can someone confirm or deny this please? Many thanks in advance, Rusty.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Can you try reloadig the pictures? Maybe they need to be down sized a little? Right now the pictures just show up as white boxes with a red "X" through them.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Based on the 4 photos, which don't show many diagnostic features, I doubt that they are from Colombia nor are they a regani-complex species. It looks very much like a eunotus-complex species, probably A. cf. eunotus from around Iquitos. That dark gill cover is quite typical, as are the width of the vertical bars, moderately high dorsal fin with slightly serrated top, the shape of the caudal spot, and the orange pectoral spot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….