• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Cacatuoides no interest

DigitalBoy

5 Year Member
Hi. I've got two females and one male living with 10 neons, 2 corys, 3 SAE and 4 guppies in a 25 gallon tank (heavily planted).
It's been over a month, and so far I have not seen any interaction between male and either female - females lately been hiding in the plants, male is swimming around the tank. Sometimes male would approach one of the females but they would just run away. I notice this all the time. 3 weeks ago one of the females layed eggs in the flowerpot, but they were gone the next day (I assume she eat them).
What can/should I do?

Another quick question - does anyone know an aquarium club in Toronto, Canada?

Thank you.

Dmitry

aspen

5 Year Member
i am not a member of any clubs, but you will find the listing to the willowdale and the brampton clubs here:

http://www.caoac.on.ca/

as for the fish, what would you like to do? they seem to be breeding. do you have any reason to believe that the females are eating them because they are no good? or because there is too much pressure from the other fish. imo, if you want to try something, remove all of the other fish and see what happens. 3 sae's are quite boisterous, and likely totally unafraid of the cacatuoides.

rick

mordor

5 Year Member
Feed them with live food. In my case it was a trigger for first spawn of my Agassizi. I got them since the were 1 inch. Started with 5, ended with pair. It took them more than half a year to mature.

I also used to have cacatuoides pair but they took me by surprise and spawned just after two weeks I bought them. It had to be pair that had been spawning previously.

In your case just feed them well and wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….