• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma cacatuoides aguaytia tips

ddavila06

so i got me a beautiful aguaytia group with a friend not that long ago and i want to get them breeding.. there is 3 males and one female. these are F1s. they are in a 20L with wood, almond leaves, dark sand, caves and misc plants. they share the tank with aspidoras and ancistrus triradiatus. i have done everything to get them super healthy: feed live blackworms often, get plenty of kens flake and pellets, feed frozen brine and more worms, nice and large water changes, etc etc.. there is one dominant male. much bigger/robust than the other two, i have left it alone in the tank with the girl..i have added back the others...i added extra caves... im just not sure what could they need..

tips/advice appreciated! thanks

Attachments

• 535 (800x600).jpg
    535 (800x600).jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 446

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
They should breed like any other A. cacatuoides. I doubt that you'll be very successful with breeding unless you remove the catfish. Both corys & plecos are known to invade apisto cave and eat the eggs/larvae/fry. If they disturb the female enough, even without getting into the breeding cave, she might eat the eggs. Good luck. They're great looking fish!

ddavila06

thank you for the replies, i actually keep all of my dwarf cichlids in a similar fashion. apistos, cory, pleco. others breed properly,get along well and grow healthy. at this moment i have cacatuoides orange flash x cacatuoides f1 fry in a 36 community.. i must be off with something else.

ddavila06

thanks for the clarification...i finally got used to the american system of measuring ..... so yeah, a 20 gallon long is what i have..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….