• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto sp. High fin Panduro is not eating

G

Gitta

Hi,

I´m new here and first thing I´m posting now is a Problem with my Apistogramma male sp. "Harlequin/High fin Panduro". :cry:
He doesn´t eat anymore and is getting thinner and thinner.
He keeps hiding.
I have tried everything from live-artemia, cyclops etc. (They never got bloodworms): he wouldn´t even taste it!
I think it might be some kind of parasite. Do you think there is any hope for him?
I keep them (1male/1female and about 20 baby-Harlequins) in a 54 L tank (sorry, don´t know how many gallons that are) at ph 6 and nearly no kh, 26°c

thanks
Gitta

Randall

5 Year Member
A. "High Fin Panduro" Won't Eat

Dear Gitta,

Are there any other symptoms, please? How's his coloration? Are his feces long, stringy and whitish?

Also, how often are you performing partial water changes, and how much water do you replace when you do?

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

G

Gitta

A. "High Fin Panduro" Won't Eat

Randall said:
Dear Gitta,

Are there any other symptoms, please? How's his coloration? Are his feces long, stringy and whitish?

Also, how often are you performing partial water changes, and how much water do you replace when you do?

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

Hi Randall

I don`t notice feces anymore at all.
I make weekly water changes, about 30%. His colour is not very good, and he is really extremly thin now. But he is still trying to attract the female.
I have them for just 2 month, the female is all right. She looks giant next to him.
Today I tried to feed him with enchitrea and it worked: he ate a few...
The Problem is only that the famale eats 10 worms while he eats just one and I can´t feed this to often.
I know this is not much for analysis....it can be nearly anything. May be it was just some kind of stress.

Greetings
Gitta

G

Gitta

Hi Neil!

*sniff*...!
He´s dead! :cry:
Now I have a lonesome widow with her babycrowd and hope that they will grow fast enough.
I also asked for help in german forums, but it always seems to be very difficult to do anything when apistos are ill...

thanks for asking...

Gitta

Neil

Gitta,
Really sorry to hear about that. It is always tough to loose a part of a pair, especially a rarer fish. But I always consider things a success if I have free swimmers before that happens. You have, at least, maintained the species in your care!
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….