• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with Apisto Panduro not eating

sumluvu1314

5 Year Member
Hello guys, i am new to this forum. I recently get a pair of apisto panduro from Indonesia. They settle down really quick and seems healthy. The male is eating everything i offer him. However, the female didn't seem any interest into any food at all. I try flakes, frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworm, and live brine shrimp. She just take a look of them then swim away. She looks at the live brine shrimp for a long time then take a bit of the live brine shrimp and then spit it out. She just wondering around the tank all the time and take in some of my sand and spit them out.

I have try everything i could but she just didn't taking any food. I dont know what to do? Is there anyone have any suggestion what i should try or do you guys think she is sick?

To me, i think she is very healthy and is not harassing by the male. I've keep them in a black water 6 gallon tank.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
My guess is that the female is either harassed by the male or sick. I suggest that you put the female in a separate, quiet, dimly lit quarantine tank. Make sure she has someplace to hide. Feed her live foods at the start. If she doesn't eat after several days, then she is sick. If she does start eating, allow her to stay in the separate tank for a week or two, and slowly wean her to non-live foods. When you feel that she is ready to go back into the other aquarium, put the male in the quarantine tank for a week. This will allow the female time to establish her own territory in the original tank without being harassed by the male.

gerald

5 Year Member
There are several internal bacterial diseases, intestinal worms and protozoa that could make her feel too sick to eat. Live mosquito larvae is my first choice for feeding sick or stressed fish. Chopped blackworms, tiny earthworms, grindalworms, or fresh-hatched Artemia might also work. Getting her to eat is #1 priority for recovery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….