• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto breeders near dallas, Tx

central tanks

I am working on my first apisto tank ever and am wanting to breed. i heard apisto cacatoydes are generaly easier to breed. My LFS do not stock apistos. Im not sure how i feel about fish being shipped to me. If you know of any breeders in the dallas area id greatly appreciate there information.

krudolph

Not sure what you concern is over shipping as they do it all the time and the good ones guarantee live delivery. Of course this time of the year you have to do overnight and it is expensive. Otherwise, it is done all the time....

krudolph

Aquabid is usually good, but in the cold season it is a bit slow. When it gets warmer you will see more. That being said, there are a couple listed. Just make sure they guarantee the fish. I have some quad fry, but it will be another month or so before they are ready.

central tanks

Aquabid is usually good, but in the cold season it is a bit slow. When it gets warmer you will see more. That being said, there are a couple listed. Just make sure they guarantee the fish. I have some quad fry, but it will be another month or so before they are ready.

If you plan on selling your quad fry in about a month id be more then happy to wait, it'll give me time to grow out my plants a little more. Do you have experiance in shipping fish? Id love to snag up a trio if possible but could aso settle for a pair.

krudolph

I do not have experience shipping fish, but of course would guarantee live delivery. I hope to have a mix of males/females and have set the temperature to give me the best chance, so we shall see. I have found that two fry from a previous spawn survive and are getting large quickly. In fact they are chasing the newer ones. I will start a new thread to see if I need to fish them out (real pain in heavily planted tank).

They seem hard to find, so grab others if you see them. I like the most colorful ones, and prefer the quads. Here is my female and the fry. Darn, could not load video. Here is one from my iphone.
photo (4).jpg

central tanks

i will be sure to let you know cause that is a beautiful specimen you got there. And believe me i know the pain of catching fish in densely planted tanks, i myself run dirted tanks with as much plants as i can get my hands on. i will keep in contact and let you know.

matt85

I do not have experience shipping fish, but of course would guarantee live delivery. I hope to have a mix of males/females and have set the temperature to give me the best chance, so we shall see. I have found that two fry from a previous spawn survive and are getting large quickly. In fact they are chasing the newer ones. I will start a new thread to see if I need to fish them out (real pain in heavily planted tank).

They seem hard to find, so grab others if you see them. I like the most colorful ones, and prefer the quads. Here is my female and the fry. Darn, could not load video. Here is one from my iphone.View attachment 2820

What strain is in the picture?

krudolph

Matt: A. Cacatouides - it is an aquarium strain from Thialand. The male has the same coloring as well (coloring on all five fins) Looking forward to seeing the frys' colors (hopelly holds true to the parents, especially the femles). I have the water at cooler temps hoping to get more females. I am also going to cross the male and female with a really nice looking pair with stronger yellows. Actually the yellower type male is my current avatar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….