• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another ID

cageman

5 Year Member
These two little fish came with a shipment of Aspidoras pauciradiatus.
A. cf. pertensis?
rara.jpg

rara1.jpg

And this one?
Looks to me like A. regani with the eight bars including tail. However it is still very small.
The second photo suggests that it is not showing the bars all the time. It does however show them most of the time.
regani2.jpg

Regani1.jpg

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hehe... you don't believe me?

I still say A. cf. pertensis from Rio Negro.
(and the second one I still don't know!)

best regards,
Rolo

p.s. my Mouthbrooder babies are swimming free... :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Rolo is probably correct: A. cf. pertensis, but I would wait until they are larger to be certain. The other does not appear to be A. regani (the caudal spot is not a bar that covers the entire height of the caudal pedunce), but it is a regani-complex fish - probably A. sp. São Gabriel. Again it will be easier to identify when it is larger/older.

cageman

5 Year Member
Haha ofcource I believed you!
Just wantes some more opinions.:)
The first one was already known.

The second one has a vertical caudal spot most of the time. Just not on the second picture.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. regani has broad vertical bars & narrower areas between. The caudal spot covers the entire height of the caudal peduncle. Your fish as evenly spaced bars and a spot that that is even in width over the entire the entire height of the caudal peduncle. My guess is that you have either A. sp. São Gabriel (A 53) from the upper Negro or A. cf. regani from the Rio Trombetas (A 56).

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your fish as evenly spaced bars and a spot that that is even in width over the entire the entire height of the caudal peduncle.

OOPS! I should have written "Your fish as evenly spaced bars and a spot that that is not even in width over the entire the entire height of the caudal peduncle. Sorry for the error.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Damn! I can't type today. My last post should say:

"OOPS! I should have written "Your fish has evenly spaced bars and a spot that is not even in width over the entire height of the caudal peduncle. Sorry for the error."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….