• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Agassizii Yellow Alenquer Spawn

Jonm

Well, the wild pair got right after their first attempt. On the first spawn (10/8), something happened around day three and it was lost. I do not know what brought them into the spawning mood on the first spawn so I began trying different things to get them to spawn again. I performed 40 - 50% water changes weekly, fed live mosquito larvae, grindal worms and a small amount of microworms. I am not sure if the micro worms were even eaten but my thinking was that the fish would see that there was plenty of food for the fry. I tried this until 11/2 with no results. I then decided that it was time for the rainy season. I performed a 40 - 50% water change every afternoon beginning on 11/2. From my untrained eye it appeared that they had spawned on 11/5. The female was in her breeding colors, she had piled sand up at the entrance of her cave and spent most of her time in or near the cave. Needless to say I was excited. At day 5 after I thought they spawned, I began looking for fry daily and feeding microworms twice a day. I was getting more and more discouraged every day because my wife or myself have not seen any fry. We held out hope though because the black neons that I have in there for dither fish have been kept at the other end of the tank from the breeding cave. Well, yesterday after work we did our usual "lets see if ther are any babies" and to our surprise there were some graz

Jonm

Apologies, I hit the wrong button..... To our surprise there were fry grazing on a Indian Almond leaf with the
Female watching intently.

FAB5B749-BC57-45BA-9CC2-15FE4D842B18-14099-000015CFA410EC50_zpsfc258831.jpg

561CC21B-6E34-4969-8771-69638589551D-14099-000015CFB7987140_zps7c980aa4.jpg

The pictures aren't the best but we just wanted to share our experience and thank everyone for the great resource that this site has been for us! Thanks again!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….