• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice wanted...

hudsonpd

2 questions;

- have I experience a dwarf cichlid disease?! I returned from a 2 week holiday and all fish were present and correct and healthy. 2 days later my male Apisto 'Fire Red' was dead! He was a fully mature adult when I bought him 18 months ago so I put it down to 'natural causes'. Within a week tho my male Golden Eye dwarf was also dead! He was eating but seemed a bit 'off his food' in the days before. I had introduced a new female mate for him in the week also as he'd not had a female with him for a while. He was only a year old. All other fish and parameters are fine! Were the deaths related by some mysterious illness that only affects male dwarfs?!

- related, I am not left with 2 females. What do I do with them?! I could give them the same breeds again to go with them but really I'd like to try something a bit different; a normal 'red' Agassizi for example or a different apisto. What do you guys do when you have a death and are left with 'odd' females?

My tank is 1 metre long btw.

Thanks!
Paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….