• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where can i order the atlas book?

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Ok I've been looking for the Cichlid atlas II book for a few days now to order it and can't find but CA/I . Dose anyone no where I can go to order it or is it even out on the market?
Is the Cichlid atlas I any good? I mean should I have it to or is everything i need in part II. I want it in paper back if I can get it. if anyone has part I and would like to sell it let me know. If I can't find part II then I just as well have the frist one. Cause it's better to have something then nothing right.
I can't find nothing but part I so I'll take one. LOL Any info on where to find these 3 books please let me know. Would like to get ordered this weekend. And thanks again

Fred

5 Year Member
I have the first atlas, and it is a must have for dwarf lovers. Does the 2nd Atlas focus on dwarf cichlids as well. of other cichlids?

Ebay is probably your best bet.

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Yea Romer's atlas is the one I'm wanting to order again. This time I'm having it sent to my mom's address. This way I'll be sure and get it. But the site I got it off of the last time isn't even Up any more and I've seen it for $40.00 bucks and barns and nobbles wants $85.00 or $75.00 for it plus 20 shipping and I'm not willing to pay a 100 bucks for a book. Sorry I want the book but not that bad.
So do you know of a cheaper place to order the book from Curtis

P.s. the Nijsseni female I'm sending you layed eggs Tuesday evening late. SO I my have a few more for you around the end of april. LOL

Hows mine coming long. LOL

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to post

Hi Apisto ranch. I got mine from www.DrsFosterSmith.com In the book sec I pd $34 total I think if I remember right. Mike might have some copies still. Thats cool about the nijsseni no prob waiting till april Yours are doing great starting to get their colors should bre able to sex them around april for sure. I got some heat packs ordered And I am getting some coaching on shipping fish from a friend here. So april may will be fine gives me time to get ready for the fish show here in march 24-26 that way I have time to get up some money I am also going to see the guy I got my wilds from he might have some more pevas I will let you know

Cur

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Volume 2 of Römer's atlas will indeed deal only with South American dwarf cichlids. My informant told me that it should be out, at least in German & hopefully in English, too, sometime in late spring. It will have more pages than volume 1, if that's possible! This book will not be just an up-date of volume 1, but an entirely new volume. It will discuss many new species, plus totally new information on species in volume 1, and new information on systematic relationships of the different species. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Fatts

5 Year Member
Hey Ranch,
Go to DrsFosterSmith or Big Als Online. You will get the best price there. B and N told me there was no way they could get it for less than $85. Oh yeah and Waldon Books was clueless!!

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
Volume 2 of Römer's atlas will indeed deal only with South American dwarf cichlids. My informant told me that it should be out, at least in German & hopefully in English, too, sometime in late spring. It will have more pages than volume 1, if that's possible! This book will not be just an up-date of volume 1, but an entirely new volume. It will discuss many new species, plus totally new information on species in volume 1, and new information on systematic relationships of the different species. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Here is the latest-- The second edition is going to be printed in English first. (good for us) It is going to the printer in March! It will be avail soon after it's back from there. And everyhing Mike says above is true, my source is his source. I heard from mine today Feb 17

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….