• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good book?

Bramgroet

Hello,

I've been looking for some books on apistogramma's for quite some time now. Now I can get the book of koslowski Die Buntbarsche der Neuen Welt - Zwergcichliden.
For 10 euro incl shipping is this book any good or should I just wait until Die Buntbarsche Amerikas Band 2: Apistogramma & Co, CA 1 or 2, The Datz Special Publication, South American Dwarf Cichlids shows up. The problem is that I cant find these books and i am not even talking about the price when you do find one of these books yet. I am able to read dutch, german and english so maymbe there is a book in german that might me available and good for me? Thanks

Bram

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
Koslowski was one of the most knowledgable authors on Apistos and if you can get your hands on his newer book "Die Buntbarsche Amerikas 2 - Apistogramma & Co", buy it! His older book I would see more as a collectable for enthusisats today.

Last edited:

Bramgroet

Oke. It is a annoying that it is almost impossible to get the Die Buntbarsche Amerikas 2 - Apistogramma & Co. The same for CA 1 and 2.

MacZ

Even with an account I only get the title page. Even with my university account.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sadly there are no up-to-date books on apistos. Those species covered in Koslowski's book "Die Buntbarsche Amerikas 2 - Apistogramma & Co" are accurately identified for the most part and the collecting data is the best out there. Its only downside is its dark photos. It is one of the reasons that the DATZ Sonderheft/Special Publication "South American Dwarf Cichlids" was published. I imagine that it would be impossible now for anyone reference to cover the 500+ or more apisto species. For more recently described species, TomC's site, https://www.tomc.no, is about as good as you can get. Yes, I am predjudiced since Frank and I (mostly Frank) help Tom with information.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Came across this post and realized I have the set. I can set aside the set if anyone is interested. Just noting that I have no idea on shipping costs right now. They would be coming from Canada.
20240331_113246.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….