• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What sp or var of agasizii is this?

Tea

5 Year Member
??

Hello there, your fish looks like the red tail form, sometimes called double red aggissizzi. He looks very nice.

Apistt_ed

A gorgeous fish you have! With the range of A. Agassizi, being one of the most widely encountered apistogramma, the correct type of aggie you have could be anything. Along with the selective breeding that has been done to the fish, there really is no way of telling which one is from where... but from just pure look, I would say that it can be possibly A. agassizi "double red" as Tea said, or the red-gold variety. I really wasn't sure on how to differentiate the two, because an aggie to me is an aggie, unless its wild. :wink:
Great Fish..

john

S

|squee|

Thanks guys! :D At least now I know vaguely what kind of agga mine is :p

The pair have spawned a few days ago, and I'm trying to hatch some baby brine shrimp ( somehow they won't hatch for me ) to raise up the fry...

Neil

|squee|,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Your aggie is most likely an aquarium strain. It is difficult to tell with the color distortion in the photo, but it is likely a variant of the red variety. Many of the aquarium strain varieties lack the trademark aggie "V" in the caudal fin. The amount of "types" of aggies and names for them are almost endless.

Regardless, congratulations on you spawn. Run a search on this forum on hatching baby brine. You will probably get some info that will help you in that department.

I have replaced URL for you image tags on the pic. It was too large. Please refer to the Image Posting Rules.

Good luck with the babies!

Neil

aspen

5 Year Member
do a search here for brine shrimp, bbs, etc. there's some real good info on these guys, how to buy them, how to hatch and care for them. temp, salt, light all play a big part on whether you can get them going well. last resort after nothing else works- buy fresh ones.

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….