• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is the DATZ book?

H

hotrowe

Datz Book

Mike Wise said:
Grahame,

I can help you with the DATZ book. I can ship one out to you via air mail next week. Which Linke & Staeck book do you have? I might be able to help you. I doubt that Uwe's Cichlid Aquarium 2 will be out before Interzoo, in May (I think), but he is getting the manuscript close to finished now. The publication of the translation of Koslowski's new book is on hold until I finish another translation project, but that one is almost done (I hope!). Once it is finished, it will take about a month before I have the Koslowski translation available. If you are talking about the Yamazaki et al. (1997) book, well I am still trying to get my daughter to translate parts (she is in her 4th year of high school Japanese). She is rather hesitant - too many other things going on, like getting ready for college next fall. I guess I can still try. I will PM you soon.

For those who don't know, this gentleman (if you are allowed to call an Aussie a gentleman) is the person who encouraged me to stay with dwarf cichlids back in the late 70s (are we really that old??). I don't know whether to thank him or damn him!:biggrin:
:redface: Hi Mike
I'd love the Datz book, plus Yamazaki in Japanese..(I'll get the translation later). I would like Staeck & Linke 's two American cichlid books in English, please. I have all four of their original series in German..plus spares and also still the "inferior" Schmettkamp book.
Please let me know the cost of this parcel and I'll send the appropriate amount.
Have you received anything from me at bewellnet? Is that still your current address?
Kind regards,
Graham

tleehm

5 Year Member
Graham,

Like to know more about these books. Do you know any link in the net that provides informations?

I've got the Aqualogs (ACII as well as Apisto Extra) and Romer's atlas. Hopefully will have the DATZ soon (being organised through someone on discusforums). I've heard of the Linke and Stacek one (only one). But there seems to be a lot more out there that we've never seen or heard of down here (Oz).

Thanks,
Thomas.

H

hotrowe

Apisto books

Noddy65 said:
Hmmm Hotrowe
Im from Perth and wouldnt mind hgetting some of those books as well...where are you from?

Mike
Hi Mike I'm in Melbourne. If Mike W gives me prices I'd consider getting books in together...and share extra postage Melbourne to Perth or Perth to Melbourne.
Regards,
Graham:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….