• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do you guys, and gals, put in your filters?

jakeowen

5 Year Member
I keep apistos with my plants, mostly crypts, java ferns,and anubias.
I use a canister filter. I use the ceramic filter rings, some peat moss, and floss in mine. I was just wondering what everyone else puts in their filters.
thanks

KittyKat

5 Year Member
Filter fillings

Mine (externals all) are set up in the following order (as the water will pass through them, starting with a pre-filter and then followed by three baskets):

- rough sponges

- thick medium grade rough sponge
wool

- thin fine grade rough sponge
ceramic noodles

- ceramic noodles

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
I use ceramic media in the bottom tray as coarse mechanical filtration, foam as finer mechanical filtration and then sintered glass media as the biological media. I don't think anything compares to this for the biological stage. I then sometimes use a fine polishing pad if I feel the need and peat if I want to in the tank in question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….